It’s already November which means the holidays are fast approaching, and that also means a time to travel. If you are considering extending the Thanksgiving break (November 23rd thru 25th) or the winter break (December 23rd thru
January 9th), it is very important that you notify Mrs. “G” (415-485-2400, ext. 212) two weeks prior to your planned vacation so she can enroll your student in the Independent Studies Program.
The Independent Study Program is quite simple:
- A Contract is issued for the dates of the planned absences (no less than 5 consecutive school days and no more than 10 consecutive school days)
- Teachers prepare appropriate assignments
- Student completes assignments during the duration of the Contract
- Student returns with completed work for teachers to evaluate
- Academic and attendance credit is issued accordingly.
Enrolling your student in this program will prevent your student from being dropped from Davidson. If dropped, you will have to repeat the enrollment process. But equally important, your student will not fall behind in his/her school work.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call.
I wish you and your family a safe and happy holiday season.
Davidson Middle School
415.485.2400 ext. 212